Keith & Nell Propst Memorial Scholarship
We would like to introduce you to a NEW scholarship that has become available through a very generous donation from the family of Keith & Nell Propst. If you are, or know of a student, who has participated in the Nell Propst Historical Art & Essay Contest (whether or not the participant was a scholarship winner) this scholarship is available to you if you are planning on attending NJC. Please read below for additional information and where to obtain an application.
The Keith and Nell Propst Memorial Scholarship was founded to support the recruitment and graduation goals of Northeastern Junior College. Freshman and Sophomores are encouraged to apply. The scholarship will provide each student a scholarship in the amount of $5,000 per semester for up to four semesters! Preferences will be given first to students from Logan and Washington Counties in Colorado.
REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
The recipient of the scholarship shall:
1) Be a US Citizen
2) Demonstrate financial need
3) Maintain an academic school year cumulative 3.0 GPA in high school AND while at NJC
4) Commit to graduating from NJC
5) Complete the application process, including providing materials that document integrity, leadership, strong moral character, and community involvement. Application process will include an interview with NJC Department Directors or the Scholarship Committee
6) Students majoring in Agriculture: active experience in FFA and 4H will be viewed as a positive asset in the application
7) Students majoring in Humanities: active experience in the Nell Propst Art and Essay Contest and/or participation in speech or other theatre activities will be viewed as a positive asset in the application.
For more information, please contact Erin Owens, NJC Foundation Coordinator. ES French Hall Room 215 or by phone at 970.521.6777
Students can apply for this scholarship, and many others onsite at the college, or you can visit the NJC website and click on the link titled: "Freshman General Scholarship Application" located on the scholarship page. www.njc.edu